After solving the mystery of Aunt Millie’s death Darcy Sweet is enjoying being a mother and looking forward to the prospect of living life like an ordinary person. Now that the mists have gone and things are quiet that shouldn’t be a problem.
But she should have known better.
The Missing Years – Book 18.5 is six short stories covering the five-year time period between book 18 and book 19.
1. The Purloined Purse – A missing purse and stolen flowers… and the ex-police chief is acting very strangely. What is going on?
2. A Cup of Blackmail – Someone close to Darcy and Jon is being blackmailed and a misdirected letter sets another mystery in motion.
3. A Mystery in the Mail – The owner of the bookstore in Oak hollow is getting threatening letters. Darcy and Jon work together to find out who is sending them.
4. The Dead Man’s Glasses – Lorne Sommers re-appears in Darcy’s life and he thinks that he killed someone. Can Darcy and Jon find out what really happened?
5. The Angel Cameo – Sergeant Sean Fitzwallis needs Darcy’s help. It seems that the killer responsible for a one-hundred-year-old murder has reappeared in the present time. But that’s not possible, is it? Can Darcy work out what’s going on?
6. The Missing Lion – Colby has a new stuffed toy but it has mysteriously gone missing. Colby is upset so Darcy and Jon promise to investigate. What they uncover is more than a missing toy.